A little birdie told me to look into Near Protocol, Coinmarketcap’s #24.
It’s a protocol to build business models on (NFTs, DAOs and DeFi) – this one focuses on being green. They use a technology called “nightshading”, which in short keeps the protocol faster and cheaper. It’s available on all the legit exchanges (Binance, Huobi Global,FTX and OKex).
A quick little Google search shows that crypto mining consumes about 110 Terawatt Hours of power per year, of 0.55% of the world’s energy production. Seems Near is onto something.
- Founded by Erik Trautman (Wall Street, founder of Viking Education – but actually those don’t ring anybell for me. 3187 Twitter Followers), Illia Polosukhin (Google, oh he knows Chinese too, 30.3K Twitter followers), Alexander Skidanov (Microsoft, memSQL. 16.4K Twitter Followers).
- Near Protocol offers $250 million in grants funding, so they have some serious money in the bank to motivate creators to use their protocol
- When I joined their telegram channel, their welcome message looked legit with different groups and languages
- Impressed by the fact they have both WeChat and Telegram for its Chinese users – means they must have quite the Chinese following (and yes, 4.4K users on the Chinese Telegram Channel as we speak)
- Investors are legit: It’s backed by a16z, Coinbase, Baidu Ventures (interesting.. China too?), and Arrington.
- They are not joking, their careers page counts more open career opportunities than the eye can count
- I’m dazzled, there’s an entire ecosystem of creators building NFT art on the Near Protocol and naming themselves “near+…”. There’s @TheMunkyMonkey or @NearNauts.io
NEAR token price prediction
- Launched in 2020 and it has seen a rise of more than 2500%, and an all time high at $20.36 on jan 14 2022. Coinmarketcap speculates a Near Token price rise to $50. But then again, those articles are written by humans and humans more often are wrong than right.
Am I buying NEAR?
- With an all time high at $20.36, its current price at $10.21 and it having raised $150 million in funding from Andreesen Horowitz as one of the partners – yes, why not.
I want to know more about Near