Kate Erickson‘s – the better half of John Lee Dumas’ Entrepreneurs on fire – interview with Steph Taylor.
The 5 main success factors for podcast Entrepreneurs on Fire
- Podcast + Sponsorships
- Email List
- Affiliate relationships
- Podcasting courses (Podcasters Paradise)
- Physical products (journals and books)
More golden nuggets Kate Erickson found while working on Entrepreneurs on fire
- On Staying Focused
- Time block and batch (reduce switching time/costs)
- Have specific days for specific tasks (don’t combine tasks)
- E.g. content on day 1, sponsorships on day 2, courses on day 3
- On Reading: instead of book club/ list, reach out to a friend and ask what they’re reading.
- On Goal Setting:
- Schedule for 100 days, not more
- Work on it every day
- Check-in every 5-7 days and evaluate what (doesn’t) work
- Sounded easy
- “Discipline creates free time.”
- “Set up a system and create a routine around it.”
- Their learning: too many platforms, didn’t know how to serve their traffic. Decided to double down and focus on what moves the needle instead of expanding services/platforms.