I think everyone arrives at a stage past 30 when they realize life is quite precious, longevity is not a given and that we need to take care of our bodies & health (and for the Asians – also take care of your dad/mom/grandmom/grandfather and the rest of the extended family’s health).
So I’ve been watching (YouTube that is) Joe Rogan, then saw Lindsay Jang and probably a big YouTube star but I don’t know him all discuss prolonging life and the below themes + Harvard’s dr. David Sinclair kept on recurring:
- Sirtuins: a family of proteins that play a vital role in ageing
- NAD+: a coenzyme found in all living cells. This is what fuels sirtuins.
- NMN: quite similar to NAD+. It fights disease and is also found in broccoli. Has beneficial effects on metabolism throughout the body.
- –> a gram in the morning. I asked Lindsay (I don’t know her.. I creepy follow her on IG and she replied) she gets it from Amazon.
- Resveratrol: A compound produced by several plants in response to injury. It protects against damage for cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer’s and diabetes. Found in the skin of grapes, blueberries, raspberries and mulberries.
- –> half a gram with yoghurt in the morning. My stalk sessions told me you can get it from iHerb, Thorne brand.
- Metformin: medication for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Also taken to prevent cancer, heart disease, ageing and Alzheimer’s and most likely will extend your life span.
- –> a gram of metformin at night. Lindsay got it from her doctor.
I’m no doctor. I’m lazy and follow internet doctors and influencers for tips and advice. I like to think I’m healthy, but mostly look for ways to compensate my outrageous binge/alcohol/rave sessions and along the way do some good to my parents too. So do your own research if you’re interested. I just see this popping up more and more and it might be worth the try to add up some quality years to your life.